Sunday, 24 September 2017
Hello
I have decided to call this blog 'Books Are Quite Good' because I feel
it accurately reflects my belief that books are quite good. I went
looking for a cool quote about books that I could repurpose for my
blog title, but it turns out a lot of quotes about books are really
wanky and pretentious, and I really don't want the blog to be like
that. I want it to be a place where we concede that there is nothing
uniquely amazing about reading as an art form, but some individual
books are uniquely amazing, and let's celebrate them while
also having fun by sniping bitchily at ones that aren't quite as
good. That's basically the mission statement for this enterprise. A
bit of sincere enthusiasm and joy, a bit of sarcasm and being a dick,
some book chat, probably a fair few lists because I love making
lists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment